Monday, February 7, 2011

I would like to thank the [blog] academy....

Hi friends!

I know this has been going around the blogworld for a while now, but I'm just now joining the party!The lovely and amazing Jess tagged me and I feel so honored to have recieved the (drumroll please)

Thanks Jess! If you guys haven't checked out her blog, do it now!

As a winner of this award, recipients need to:
1. Write a post and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!

Thus, here we go now!
1. I use the following phrases at least once a day: okie-dokie (artichokie); whoopsie!; oopsie-poopsie; easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy; and...wait for it...OMG. Yes, i do.
Do you want to know the really sad/pathetic/funny part? I learned most of these from 5 year olds, but I use them in conversations with friends, classmates, PROFESSORS. Yup.
2. Almost everything I own is pink. One might walk in my room and think it belongs to a six year old girl, but I am a full 22 (ugh!) years old.

3. The only reason I started running was to receive a Tiffany's necklace at the end of the Nike Women's Marathon. I'm a) shallow but b) now hooked and seriously cannot function without running.

4. I am obsessed with coffee. And everything cute that comes along with it. I've been coveting this for several weeks now:
[source]. I worked at Starbucks for 2 years and almost every day was simply glorious because I was surrounded by coffee.
5. I'm ridiculously cheap. I peruse the weekly ads from each grocery store, hunting for the best deals. I will drive 20 minutes to the ghetto to get cheap groceries. I also am willing to skip showering after the gym to take a bus to the other end of the city to stand in line for a chance of free veggies.
6. I love wine.

7. I have an intense fear about being late. My mom is always late and would make us late to school growing up, so I resolved at an early age to always be on-time. To ensure that I'm never late, I plan out every single hour of each day. It's the only way I sleep at night. :)


So there you have it! And now let's keep this great award going! I nominate:
Emilia at Namaste Gurl
Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl
Sophia at Burb and Slup
Bryana at Becoming Bryana
Katie at Faith, Food & Fitness
Stef at More to Life than Lettuce
Caroline at The Broccoli Hut
Matt at the Athlete's Plate
Kerry at Running on Faith
Eleanor at Pieces of Her

P.S. Sorry if you've already done it- that just means you're EXTRA stylish! :)

Peace out Scouts!

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    Thanks for the sweet award. I'll get to following up on it once I have some extra free time! Who knows when that'll be due to all this homework and crazy life stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hugs) thanks for the award!! I wish I shared your fear of being late, because I have the awful Asian syndrome of always being 10 minutes late...fashionably late, if you wanna put it in a nice way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked at Starbucks? Unreal!
    It is a goal of mine to work there someday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright Living, Laughing, Loving 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .