Como estas? Muy bien, I hope!
I'm lovin life right now! I absolutely ADORE college right now! I was having coffee with my friend today, and I was telling him that I finally realized that this is the only time in my life when I can basically do anything I want! Apart from class, I really have no serious commitments! (Expect this to change on Monday, when regular classes start again and work begins)
Speaking of work, I just got a job! SOOO excited! I'm tutoring 3rd graders who are participating in a study by Stanford which examines the effect of tutoring on the brains of students with dyscalculia and those without! How cool is that!!?
This weekend, I went to Glide with my sis- it was frickin' awesome! Such a great change from the traditional Catholic mass I'm used to!
Check out all the services they offer! I totally want to volunteer here!
Then, my sissie and I hung out in the Marina, my fave area of the city!
We had lunch at Plant, this awesome cafe with tons of veggie and vegan options, as well as organic, sustainable, and local ingredients and meat!
We then attempted to walk to the Golden Gate bridge, but I'm a dingbat and didn't realize it was like 3 miles away!
The beach!
Foggy GG!
Us at the Exploratorium :) Uh, yeah I look awkward/weird. What else is new?
walking towards Chrissy Field.
I also wanted to talk about exercise!
I am infatuated with exercise! I used to have more of an exercise addition I guess you could call it (back in the ED days) where I only cared about counting calories. But now I just love it for the endorphins, energy, and peace of mind it gives me!
My schedule usually goes like this:
Monday: ellipticize for ~45 min and Bodysculpting class (45 min), which is a mix of cardio and weight lifting. I really just go because the instructor is GORGEOUS.
Tuesday: Spin (45 min), abs (15 min), about 2 pushups. I HATE arm work because I have ZERO arm strength!
Wednesday: See Monday. I LOVE BRIAN.
Thursday: Spin (1 hr) + abs.
Friday: short run (between 6-8 mi)
Saturday: 20 min yoga for runners and REST!
Sunday:: long run! My fave :)
*note: this is what works for ME. Everyone is different so please don't compare!*
oh, I'm also training for a marathon! whoo!
Anyways, yesterday, my spin class was not hard at all, so in the afternoon I decided I was going to the gym AGAIN because I had SOOO much energy!
These would be my shorts. I have pride for my high school. PS Sorry I am albino!
I'm just so high on endorphins!
To fuel all this workin out, here are a few highlights of what I ate!
Ice cream, in the best flavor known to (wo)man!
My new coffee cup :)
Breast cancer awareness and support whoo whoo!
SHRIMP!, brown rice, broccoli, Sriracha, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil!
P.S. the chopsticks are from Korea!
Question time!
What does your exercise routine look like?
How do you celebrate life?
Em

Hey Em!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to have you stop by my site, I look forward to following your blog!