Thursday, June 17, 2010

Busy as a Bee!

Hi loves,

Como estas? Hope all you lovely readers (if there are any!) are doing fantabulous...

I've been CRAZED lately with finals, moving, apartment hunting, moving AGAIN, summer school, and lots of boy drama.

School:
I'm taking 2 summer classes this summer- 'The Dark Side of Comm' as well as going to Korea to teach! Soooo stoked! Yup, I get credit for chilling in Korea and teaching kids the ABCs,colouring, and watching 'educational' english videos :).
Needless to say, this summer is INTENSE, but it'll all be worth it when I graduate a semester early...right?
I also figure that I'll get better grades because I'll only be focusing one one course at a time. SUPER important because my GPA really tanked this semester. I really want to graduate Summa Cum Laude and right now I'm just Cum Laude. No bueno.

Apartment
well, right now I'm living in the dorms and it is disgusting! Communal bathrooms, immature girls who feel the need to scream down the hallways ALL THE TIME, and bad, bad food. On the bright side, I just got an apartment for next year and I'm moving in this weekend! Yay! (pics to come!)

Boys
They're always trouble, aren't they?
In sum, this guy and I are no longer together (and yes, he was the 'facebook official' one i mentioned in my last post
and...
this guy
is in. :) (please excuse our red eyes and the random old person in the background)

Now let's stop pretending that any of the above topics could be better than some food porn, eh?
pumpkin pancakes courtesy of this girl. [I omitted the apple and substituted protein powder for the oats. I recommend Stef's way as protein powder delineates when heated and then tastes funky.]

they were still good though :)

I've been living in the dorms while I'm taking a summer class and nannying for Monsters Inc, and my oh my food choices are limited! luckily OIAJ is still possible!
the stars of my oiaj:


pumpkin, sizzurp, flax, vanilla chobs, raspberries, apple, soy, and NON SUGAR FREE JELLY! what? who am i? :) its from Saskatoon, Canada :)

organic PB from Whole Foods

Sooo good!

I found this one from a while back...my beloved carrot cake oats...YUMM-O!

carrot baby food and frozen pineapple

Instead of just plain soy, i switched it up and made a soy chai with Organic Chai from tazo.

true confessions: I am a cinnamon whore.

I topped this delectable bowl with: sf maple sizzurp, PB, and vanilla yogurt. {note to self- add fewer sugary toppings and stevia next time so you aren't faced with the dilemma of not being able to finish your oats because they are so gosh darn sweet.}

This is my life. In a bag. Is that sad?

I had THE BEST salad one day for lunch!


Start with the basics: lettuce and any other salad stuff you have laying around [i.e., carrots, beets, peas, etc]. Then add cherries, a cherry pie larabar, and top with locally produced cherry yogurt. HOWEVER (this is the secret to sucess!), DO NOT STIR. Leave the fruit on the bottom, and use the creamy goodness on top. Otherwise it will be too sweet. Or at least I think so.

Snacks have been with the kids....they are fascinated by protein cookie dough, but won't taste it...weird.



banana AB log!

Dinners has been...pathetic. I don't get home until about 7p, and the caf is always closed by then, so I've been eating a lot of cereal, frozen meals, or whatever else happens to be on sale at the grocery store down the hill from me. I am lucky in that I live in a city full of incredible food, but eating out takes a definite toll on my bank account. :( Anyways, by the time I get home from work, I'm starving and usually have a lot of studying to do, so no tengo fotos de la cena. [Does that even make sense? My Spanish is SUPER rusty] If I'm really lucky though, one of my friends will make us dinner...which is usually pasta, the college staple :)

What's your favorite quick and easy dinner?
What are you doing this summer? Any exciting plans?

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you FINALLY posted after a month and a half...like me :)

    I'm loving the pumpkin- protein- pancakes...those look delish. I made protein pancakes minus the pumpkin and they were SUPER yummy. Can't go wrong. I also love the oats, as usual, who doesn't? How creative on the salad, too! Never would of thought of a "sweet" salad :) I made a PB and banana omelet the other day- it was to DIE for

    I'm sorry your summer hasn't been the greatest. College food does stink-- there's nothing yummy for us foodies. Haha, i'm just kiddinggg, you could probably find something. Hopefully it'll get better. And yay for the new apartment and boy! MORE pics please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! check out mineee :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright Living, Laughing, Loving 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .