Saturday, February 27, 2010

One Saturday Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Ok, do y'all remember that amazing Disney show lineup/4hr block of time Saturday mornings? I used to get up at 7am to watch! PepperAnn, Doug, Recess, Fillmore, Kim Possible, The Weekenders...ahh memories :)

This week has been absolutely crazzzyy for me! I've been getting migraines from stress/homework :( thus the lack of posting.
Anyways, I was supposed to go skiing this weekend, but due to the bad weather and forecasted storms and tsunami warnings, it was cancelled. (side note,please pray for the Chile earthquake victims: )
On a happier note, I went to a Haiti bingo benefit last night- literally, probs about 150 colelge kids playing bingo. Absolutely hilar. there were all sorts of cool raffle prizes (like a cruise around the bay!) as well as smaller prizes for winning bingo (movie tix, trader Joe's baskets, 49er tix....) Sadly, I did not win anything, but it was all for such a good cause, so I was just glad to help in some way.

I have been eating losta delishhhhousness lately! [get ready for a sh!t load of foodie pics)

OIAJ!

with strawbs call me weird, but i didn't really like it! maybe i did something wrong? there was so much stuff, and it didn't all really fit, so i had like layered oats with chucks of pb....

organic split pea soup!

with tortilla 'chips' (aka a tortilla cut up, sprayed with PAM, sprinkled with garlic salt, pepper, and cayenne!)

enjoyed with: organic soymilk, organic almonds, local strawbs, and carrots

bfast thursday: greek yog, toasted cran and almond luna, raspberries, flax, and i think there was some AB thrown in there too!

soymilk, pluots, carrots with grk yog/salsa mix, tempeh sammie with lettuce and avocado

and some choco for dessert! :) whoo whoo food challenge! (i'm still working on branching out in my food choices, and chocolate is a fabulous recent addition!)

carrot cake oatmeal [1 pack maple and brown sugar oatmeal, 1/4 c oatbran, 1c unsweetened soymilk, 1/2 jar of carrot baby food, pineapple, shredded carrots, and pecans]

with yogurt frosting (i don't know what possesed me to write an 'e' on top; i guess i was marking my oatmeal so no one got any ideas of trying to eat my tupperware container of amazingness? haha

pasta w/ one slice pepper jack soy cheese, sauce, brocc and other veggies, almonds and tofu. i also had some unpictured mini cookies and a homemmade soy latte!

snackage: strawberry yogurt, blubs, almond butter
last night for dinner i had a stuffed shell (nasty) from the company that catered at bingo and some fruit. clearly, i was STARVING when i got back, so i had a huge ab&j quesadilla and some soy milk. i was exhausted and forgot a pic though; sorry!

have a super fantastic saturday!
♥, em

5 comments:

  1. so awful about the earthquake. i have some friends studying abroad in chile and we haven't heard from them so i'm really concerned!

    but on a lighter note, LOVE the eats and the challenges! your E is so funny. you didn't like OIAJ? my only complaint is that i can't put my full serving of oats in there, it overflows! but yum strawberries right? ab & j quesadillas are so goooood. hope you're having a great day em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I totally used to watch One Saturday Morning (I was wondering if anyone got the reference with my post name as well ;p)
    Yayyy I'm glad you've re-added chocolate...it's seriously unbelievable to me that I lived 4 years without chocolate while I had anorexia...neverrrrrrr again- that stuff makes (multiple) appearances every day in my food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, can you get back to that yogurt frosting??? How do you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahha it was inspired by my italian roommate actually, but it's basically just greek yogurt, mixed with some stevia and vanilla. super simple and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I used to watch Saturday cartoons, too!!!!! LOVED Doug, Pepper- Anne, and all those fun shows.... =)

    All the food you ate looks amazinggg. You have quite similar taste to me. I put PB and AB in almost everything- people think i'm weird for it. Haha. What kind of flax do you buy? Not liking the brand I do... Also, recipe for tempeh? It looks great too =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright Living, Laughing, Loving 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .