I feel like I haven't posted in forever....but it is finally finally SPRING BREAK!!!!! WHOOO i'm so excited! To bad I'll be studying and researching and reading for a good portion of it, but whatevs...nooo school!
My (exciting, non school related) plans include:

volunteering at my old elementary school with my 3rd grade teacher :)/observing classroom routines [teaching class assignment]

self explanatory

that's right im going to Canada! I'm soooo excited! It's so gorgeous up there and i fee like it's the one place my parents will actually stop working. Only my mum and I are going (I really, really, really wanted my dad to come, but i think he's going to new orleans or somewhere for business). BUT i'm going to be hanging out with my friends from UVic. There's a salsa club that I never got to go to when I was up there, so hopefully we'll be making a trip there. As well, I'll be there for St. Patties day and there a quite a few Irish pubs in Vic...yay Irish car bombs!
AAANNDDD the best part is that my friend/guy I wish was more than a friend is taking me rock climbing! SOOO stoked! We went over Christmas, and I've been working out like a fiend to gain more muscle so I can climb with him. Yeah, i workout for a guy. Don't judge. :p
I'm pretty sure I failed my lit midterm...I couldn't remember anything and was about to cry and then the prof came over and gave me an answer! WEIRD.
BUT good news!!!!!
I'M GOING TO KOREA THIS SUMMER!!!!! I couldn't be more excited! It's a three week trip with 3 other students who are in my teaching program, as well as one of my fave profs, and the teaching program assistant. We'll be teaching English to underprivileged children in Korea during their summer break. Apparently, kids from upper class families have money to hire tutors in every single subject imaginable. Seriously, these wealthy kids have tutors from when they get out of school at 3 every single hour until 8p. Thus, there's a huge gap between those with money and those without. So this trip is an attempt to help close the gap. We'll be working with 2nd graders and teaching alongside a Korean teacher. I can't wait!!!
And it gets better....I got the nanny job!!!! yesssss!!! I can finally quit Starbucks and work normal hours, do what I enjoy, and have more time to go out ;). I am sooo nervous about quitting though...this is the end of an era for me. No more free coffee, discounted swag, tuition reimbursement.....sigh. I know it's the right thing though- I've been praying A LOT about this, and I really think that this is god's plan. Plus the fact that I would be working with one child who has attention issues and LDs (both of which I think are really fascinating. Yup, I'm a nerd) really proves to me that I am making the right decision.
Ok, so if you're still reading this snaps for you!!! Let's just cut to the chase, eh? The good stuff:

coffee=necessary for life.

waffles w/ AB and cinna! i toasted them in the oven at sbux, and it worked perfectly!

nf milk...i wanted a cappuccino, but there was a huge jass line of drinks, so i felt a little too guilty to butt infront of all those and make myself a beautiful cup o foam.

blood oranges

I was sorta on a waffle kick. And yes, You are special! ahha it's the teaching manual for sunday school :)

choc oats + stevia + AB= heaven in a bowl!
lunch a roos:

rf breans, tempeh, ketchup and 'tard for dipping, multigrain pretzel nuggets, carrots, and kiwi.

salad with flax and the last of raspberry sun splash dressing (no joke, that is then entire name) and some soymilk.

waffle-wich tofurkey sammie!

tofurkey roll ups: tofurkey + eggplant hummus rolled around a carrot

tofurkey roll ups with salad and leftover quinoa and tofu from greens :)
snackage:

prot powda plus yog

with kumquats and almond butter

Whey Krisp bar review:
it was pretty good; it's made with peanut butter, whey protein, and spirulina, but it was a bit dry to me and lacking in flavour. I think it might be good heated up in the micro or slathered in yogurt.

ok I just loved this! i chopped up an unripe pear, mixed it with cinna (obvs), coffee, and goldschlagger liquer. AMAZING.

my 2nd fave flavour (cookie dough is the 1st!)

artificial yogurt...to be honest, i used to love these. now that that i went greek (and natural), i can't stand yogurt with aspartame!
oh ps these pics were over a few daysss...
hope everyone is have a great friday! i'm going to a starbucks reunion dinner (with my original sbux fam) tonight hosted at the store's fave customer's house ! :)
what are your plans for tonight?
Getting crazy?
♥ em

so cool that you're going back to canada for spring break! funnn! and KOREA? omg, awesome! that will be such a great experience. i was supposed to teach english in vietnam for a summer but my ED sort of derailed those plans lol. i want to do it in the future tho! congrats on the job chica! i think LDs are really interesting too, i guess that makes us both nerds :). the fact that you guys have a fave customer and are actually going to his house cracks me up! have fun!
ReplyDeletewow amazing eats girl! LOVE THE WAFFLE WICH! sounds soo great! soo cool you are going to korea!! WOW! what a great experience! SUPER pumped for you girl!
ReplyDelete