In reference to my title, I ♥ alliteration. And this was all I had to offer some peeps who came over yesterday to watch the acad awards and work on our lovely Aristotle project. We ended up just working on the project, which was a good thing bec had we pulled out the smirnoff, it would not have been a pretty sight. :p
Clearly, I needed to make a TJs run. Alas, I have a weird rule/notion where I can't go unless there is truly NOTHING in my cupboard/my shelf of the fridge. I'm sure I could trace it back to my family's influence and somehow link it to ED, but I'm gonna say I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world and didn't want to go out in the frigid (read: 50*) weather. After I had dinner, I realized the only things I had were: pasta, veggies, unripe pears, and kumquatats. So I braved the cold and went. (pics to come! I have class in 15 minutes)
recap of the weekend:
Friday: worked an insanely long time. bad, bad shift. our new asm (assistant store manager)
I then studied, went for a walk, and went to this awesome veggie restaurant in SF, Greens! twas fab! It's in the Ferry Building, right on the water and the chef uses all fresh and local ingredients. the menu is incredible as is the wine list. :)
Got home and conked out at the oh-so late hour of 10pm.
Saturday:
Got up at 4am. Went to Squaw to go skiing. Had the best weather and conditions. FANTASTIC.
I skied by myself for the 1st time in my life! That was a new experience. It was pretty fun, but I wish some of my friends would have come or that I could have shared it with some one. Namely, my daddy. I'm a total daddy's girl and proud of it!
Sunday:
taught Sunday school; had a blast. Those kids are really growing on me. When asked if they could think of things in nature that God created, one of them said, "God created electricity. And cars. and my [bright orange] rock climbing shoes." I had to stop myself from laughing out loud.
I had an interview for a nanny position, so my fingers are crossed! I studied, went for a walk, and worked on my rhet project with the rest of my group, went to TJs, and church. And after church, went to the little social, came back to watch Two Weeks Notice with the roomies and a random couch surfer, and went to sleep!
Now for the good stuff:


random lunch to clean up what was left in the fridge: tjs vanilla yogurt (♥ this flavor), amys vegetable enchiladas, tofu with taco seasoning, and re-fried beans. looks NASTY, but tasted decent...it needed some hot sauce!

protein cookie dough! [made with Trader






i dubbed these 'barney oats due to their colour...but to make it more legit, you can add barney butter and spinach (or green polka dots):)
i must say, i prefer my usual combo of strawbs/bloobs, but barney will def be making an appearance on here again!

my version of a yog mess- with a toasted cran and almond luna bar and almond butter!

pasta is a college staple!

skiing at squaw on saturday
I'm off to class till 10 pm- have a great night!
are you watching gossip girl tonight?
name something positive that happened in your day :)
♥ em

I WATCHED GOSSIP GIRL!! yay!!
ReplyDeletepasta is DEF a college staple-def easy mac velveeta for me!!
positive thing: co-ed dodgeball was so fun!
thanks for the congrats and posting on my blog!! and YAY for having lots in common already! I have wanted to go to GREENS for so long! I'm glad you liked it!
ReplyDeletethere's a greens in the ferry building? i've only been to the one at fort mason and i LOVED it, we should go some time :). dude i wish i was more like oyu, i go grocery shopping way too much and then have all this stuff stockpiled, lol!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE skiing at Squaw...squaw and Heavenly are my favourite Tahoe resorts! I didn't know you're also from the bayyyyyy :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh I TOTALLY watched Gossip Girl last night, so so so so JUICY! My BFFs and I have a tradition where we make popcorn and pour hot sauce on it when we watch GG
I hope hope HOPE that you get the nanny job! I know that it's a little sketchy finding babysitting jobs online in theory, but some of my best babysitting families when I'm at school in LA have come from LMU's online job finding website :) Love you miss you, zims.
ReplyDelete